Below are the winners of Quarter Castle Publishing’s first Short Story Contest. The deadline for submissions was September 31, 2014.
The prizes are as followed:
1st Place: $50
2nd Place: $40
3rd Place: $25
Also, the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners receive two (2) copies of the Quarter Castle Chronicles in which their story appears.
PLUS: Ten (10) additional stories that capture our interest will appear in the first Quarter Castle Chronicles. Each author will receive two (2) copies of the anthology in which their story appears.
First, second and third place winners will be interviewed by Quarter Castle Publishing and appear on its website.
…and now for the winners:
First Place: Working Title by Ashleigh Rajala of New Westminster, BC
Second Place: The Beggar’s Shoe Box by Bretton Loney of Halifax, NS
Third Place: Indonesian Rice Salad by Bridget Canning of St. John’s, NL
Congratulations to our three winners.
The following ten stories will also appear in Quarter Castle Chronicles. They are listed randomly.
- Baby on a Rock by Nellie P. Strowbridge
- Penmanship by A. C. Diamanti
- Bloodbath for a Bachata by Eva David of Toronto, ON
- Not With my Boots by Catherine A. MacKenzie of Fall River, NS
- The Disappearing Bus by Bretton Loney of Halifax, NS
- The Last Night by Manon Boudreau of Whitney, NB
- Never Another Winter by Phil Yeats of Halifax, NS
- Still Alive by Marion Iberg of Langley, BC
- Politics, Memories and Love
- The Ghosts of Swaffham Prior by Alex Birkbeck of Delta, BC
Thank you to everyone who submitted their short stories. Happy Writing.
Quarter Castle Publishing will contact the authors of the short stories appearing in the Quarter Castle Chronicles.